Monday, November 30, 2009

My Teaching Philosophy:

Teaching started to be my passion when I came to the University of South Alabama, I have really enjoyed college and the level the teachers educate you and expect you to achieve. I want to teach English, I believe speaking correctly and using correct grammar is necessary for any profession that you would pursue.

My goals for my classroom are to use different techniques to help my students learn the correct English grammar and skills. My priority is that my students will remember the skills taught to them after leaving my class. All students learn differently and I hope to cover visual, audio, and repetition modes of learning. Also knowing a student on a personal level is important to know if he or she is a full time student or parent, or has a demanding job is important. I intend to capitalize on opportunities and to respond productively to students' diverse backgrounds. Meeting my students goals and needs will be met through my rigorous and challenging curriculum.
I want to make opportunities for my students to be challenged. I do not want to limit my classroom, even though there will be a set instruction and development in the class. Using all the things listed below I want my curriculum to be creative and proactive for the students. I want them to be able to use these things I will teach beyond the classroom, or in other classes they might take in the future. I will be a very committed teacher to not only guide my students when needed but allow them to teach me as well.

I want to teach English because I feel like the "texting language" and slang is taking over and people are forgetting how to speak correctly in different professional settings. I do not want the English language to be a "dyeing language" one day, some might say that books will not be used one day, but most books in the United States are English, and most cites are presented in English first. There will always be a need to know and speak correct English.

I also take education very seriously, I believe everyone deserves and should pursue higher education whether it be for two years or 8 years that you pursue what you want. I hope to instill in my students that they should always want to learn new things and be open minded. I want to produce self-directed goal oriented individuals who mature mentally and physically and provide them with a positive direction in life.

As a student and hopefully as a teacher one day I will never cease to learn. I want to know the best ways teach my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment